Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Nine Sweet Months


Month 1 – J and I had the biggest twinkle in our eyes, knowing we were pregnant was the best feeling ever. The first challenge was keeping the big news a secret, especially from our dearest and closest family members and friends.

Month 2 – At this point the closest contact I had with my unborn baby was his heartbeat during our first ultrasound. It was a very emotional experience as it finally hit me that I was carrying this precious life inside of me. We announced the baby news to our family!

Month 3 – Morning and evening sickness was in full swing! I was feeling waaaay under the weather for the next six weeks and all I wanted to do was curl up in bed. Began researching hospitals and obgyns, and finally decided on Dr. A at Prince Court Medical Centre. 

Month 4 – Did I forget to mention that J took a photo of my side belly profile every single day for the whole 9 months! Daddy-to-be was very excited as you can imagine. Towards the end of this month things took a turn and goodbye nausea! This was when we broke the news to the rest of the world… what a relief.

Month 5 – The next surprise… we're expecting a boy!

Month 6-8:
  • No morning/evening sickness
  • Shopped for a new wardrobe
  • Started preggy yoga to keep in shape
  • Everyone was so accommodating. The attention was overwhelming but I quickly got used to it.
  • Luckily for J, no cravings what so ever.
  • Baby was a real mover and shaker.


The not-so-fun bit…
  •        Having to use the loo multiple times in the middle of the night. Perhaps this was my body’s way of preparing me for the sleepless nights once the little one arrives.
  •         A constant strain on my back made it impossible to find the perfect sleeping position. 


Month 8: Exciting times – we started buying the furniture for the nursery, some basic necessities for mummy and baby, packed the hospital bag which was a whole suitcase and even did a test drive with the car seat strapped in. 

Month 9 – As the big day approaches… 


No comments:

Post a Comment