Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Big Day!


I was scheduled for a c-sec as Faeq was mainly in a breach position throughout my pregnancy. J and I checked into PCMC the night before (October 1st, 2010) at 9.30pm. We were accompanied by my mom and my in laws. We were super nervous and excited at the same time. As this was my first pregnancy, I had no idea what to expect. So we called it a night at 11pm as my surgery was scheduled at 8am the next day. I must have slept only for a couple of hours as anxiety took over. At 6.30am the nurses came in and prepped me for the surgery. Dr A came in around 7.30am to brief me on the procedure and as usual his calmness assured me everything was going to be ok. That was what I loved about Dr A. As they were about to wheel me to the OT, my mom and sister in law arrived. It was so nice to see their faces just before going in and knowing they were waiting for me outside made me calmer. J also had to be prepped in his scrubs outfit. 

Finally I was in the OT at 8.00am and the person I was most looking forward to see was my anesthesiologist! He gave me a spinal block to num my lower half for the c-sec. The procedure wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I was in a sitting position leaning forward when the needle was inserted. It was a mere tingly feeling on my lower back. Then I laid down on the operating theatre and anxiously waited for Dr A. J was by my side and was completely focused which was quite sweet. Suddenly a male nurse made the funniest comment. He said 'You can look to your right and enjoy the Petronas Twin Towers view', which was when I realised the OT had a view. Of course at that point I didn't care about the view, even if it was facing Niagara Falls! Dr A finally arrived and started immediately. My heart was pounding so fast, I was finding it hard to breathe. I had to do my breathing exercise as if I was having a vaginal delivery to keep myself calm which was quite funny. Within minutes, the baby was out! I didn't feel any tugging or movement, so it caught me by surprise when J suddenly said "It's our son". Then I heard the cry. Tears just filled my eyes as I heard him and when the pediatrician brought him over, I gave our son the first kiss. 

On October, 2nd 2010 Faeq was brought into this world at 8.17am and weighed 2.6kg and 45cm long. 

Minutes after the delivery

Proud daddy

Daddy snaps while Faeq looked straight into the cam

A nice cuddle with the midwife before Faeq's first bedtime

All swaddled and cosy

Another "hello cam" shot

Bliss

Somehow ended up on mummy's bed

Tinee winee toes


Going home outfit


Bringing our baby home

Everything about him was perfect. His tiny toes and little fingers, his ribbon lips, his thick black hair, his cute little nose… As I held him in my arms, all I could think was he is ours… all ours. It’s the most amazing and surreal feeling to finally see him after nine months of carrying him inside of me. 
Our new love

From that day onwards our lives changed. Faeq, your presence in our lives has made us feel so complete. Mummy and daddy promise to give you life, to raise you the best way we know how, to protect you, to give you all your needs and to love you forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment